Best of the Primers
Hey Beauties!
So one product I've been really appreciating lately are primers, with this awful wind and rainy weather we've been having (It's almost winter in New Zealand at the moment!). As such I thought I would share with you some of my favourite primers, that range in prices to suit all budgets.
First up is a cult favourite, the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer which is oil free, and the large version comes in a 30ml tube, although I do believe smaller sizes can be purchased. This retails for around $45NZD, so on the pricey side, but I cannot get enough of it. The formula is super light weight, really soft on the skin and does a great job of keeping my make-up from sliding off my face. It's also a clear formula and has lasted forever. The easy screw on lid is handy as well as it ensures I get the right amount of product I want, and is not a pain to undo everyday. Overall I absolutely recommend this product
Total rating: 10/10
Next up is the Loreal Paris Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer, which comes in a 20ml tube, and retails for $45NZD at Farmers, but I picked mine up for $15NZD on fishpond, although I'm not sure if its still available. The primer comes in a pump tube which is really handy, and has a white, shimmery finish to it which acts as a highlighter, and gives a really beautiful finish. Perhaps the only thing to watch out for with this primer is that if you aren't after a dewy, shimmer finish it may not be for you. Otherwise this a great product.
Total rating: 8/10
The Rimmel London Lasting finish, skin perfecting Primer is up next and claims to increase foundation wear for up to 8 hours, which although it doesn't reach 8 hours, it does get pretty close. This is the cheapest of the primers, retailing for around $15NZD from memory, however I picked it up in a deal as a free purchase. I really love this primer in that it is an affordable price, but is still great quality. It comes in a 30ml bottle, so a lot of product for money, and comes out in a white finish with a screw top lid. One of the only downfalls of this product is that because it is more of a runny texture it comes of the bottle quite fast, and as a result a bit of product ends up pooling in the lid making it a bit messy. However it is still a great product!
Total rating: 7/10
Honourable mentions:
I only have a sample of this but I am so in love I might have to purchase the full size of Mac's prep and prime, it does an amazing job!
This Jordana eye primer is super cheap, i believe it was $1USD?!, but does an amazing job priming the lids, and has a beautiful dusky purple sheen to it, to which the photos don't do justice.
Thanks for reading!
Love Becca
xo















No comments:
Post a Comment