Creating a base for your face
Hi beauties!
So lately I've had a lot of people ask me how to correctly set their face so that their foundation lasts for longer, applies easier and so they don't need to replace their foundation as often. This is the method that i use everyday and would recommend if you find yourself struggling with any of these issues!
Step 1: Pore Control
The first step I take when putting on my make up (after moisturiser) is to put on a pore filler to smooth over pores and make foundation application easier.
Step 2: Primer
I really recommend a primer for those who find their foundation doesn't last long enough, or they end up using too much product, too fast. Primers are also a great way to protect the skin from all the products you put on it.
Step 3: Foundation
I personally prefer a flat top brush for applying foundation as I find them the most effective, easiest and that it leaves the nicest finish. When applying foundation try to make sure you apply evenly and leave no obvious streaks or overuse the product. Alternatively, if you find a foundation too heavy, or are looking for a lighter day look, I would suggest a BB cream, which you can apply in much the same manner as foundation.
Step 3:Concealer
A very important point with concealer is to put it on after foundation, as putting it on before is pretty ineffective, and just ends up in an overuse of product, but this is a very easy mistake to make!
Step 4: Powder
Powder is a really important step in creating a base, and should be applied after foundation/concealer (although some people do prefer to apply after blush, bronzer, ect). Powder should be used to set everything in place, and helps to keep your liquid products from moving. If you find you have trouble keeping your foundation from creasing or settling into fine lines I absolutely suggest a powder. If you find a powder adds more coverage than you are looking for, try a translucent powder!
Hope this helps, and thanks for reading!
Love Becca :)
xo








No comments:
Post a Comment