Friday, 10 October 2014

Halloween looks


Getcha Halloween on



With Halloween fast approaching, I thought it was only appropriate to post some fun and easy looks achieved with make-up. To get a better effect try using costume or face paint :)

Look 1: Fawn/ Deer 



I love this cute look which I achieved with concealer/white eyeliner for the spots, a lot of bronzer and some eyeliner and brown shadows (The too faced chocolate bar palette is great for this look)

Look 2: Cat

This simple look can be amped up with an even darker smokey eye. For this I used eyeliner, again heavy bronzer (NYX) , red lipstick for a dark vampy lip (NYX Snow White and Gerard Cosmetics 1995), the brow bar to go, and a mix of sleek Shangri-La and Naked 3 for the eye. This look is pretty easy to create.

Look 3: Zombie


Before we start, lets get something out the way: This is possibly the best i have ever looked, I know. Jokes aside, this look would have had a greater effect with some green and white costume paint, but i made do with what I had.  I used the Skin 79 super whitening BB cream for a paler base with a lot of brightening concealer (Maybelline age rewind) and Elf high definition setting powder. I used the Shangri-La palette in blacks, greens and yellows across my face and eyes to give me a sickly look and gave myself some heavy-duty brows. I used NYX snow white on my lips again, dabbled with a bit of concelealer, and wiped my hand across my mouth to give it a more realistic 'just finished a tasty fleshy meal look'. 

Look 4: Fairy

(Sorry!, I just could not get a good photo for this one!)

Now this one is a bit more challenging to identify without a costume, and didn't pick up all too well. However my tips for this one include bright pink cheeks (I used a BYS blush palette that has REALLY great colour pay off), a lilac and lavender lid, and  had a nude lip (you could add a soft or bright lip). I added a bit of an over-exaggerated eye flick, but you could be more dramatic with a specialised eye design that may match your costume a bit more (such as flowers or vines for a forest fairy.  The last step is to add A LOT of glitter. Caution-you may regret this by the end of the night :)


Hope this gave you some ideas-remember don't be scared to play around with looks!

Here's a bonus for you:
The cutest wee bunny you will see all day :)




Thanks for reading,

Becca :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment